Own Your Mark Workshops
Calling all artists looking to step up their digital game and take their art to the next level! British Council in partnership with Business and Arts South Africa (BASA) and Digify Africa bring you a brand new training programme designed to give artists the skills they need to make the most of the digital world and to grow their creative markets.
This 3-week course is open to any artist in South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe who has been producing work for 3 years or more. The programme will unfold in two exciting parts;
• Zambia, Lusaka – Bongo Hive: 5 – 10 Feb
• Zimbabwe, Bulawayo – Digital Arts Hub: 5 – 10 Feb
• South Africa, Johannesburg – Digify Africa offices: 12 – 17 Feb
BASA and Digify Africa will train artists on the following:
• Understanding creative market growth
• Strategic planning for your Creative Markets
• Defining trends, motives and barriers to your Creative Markets
• Mastering Social Media for artists
• Content marketing as part of the creative process
• E-commerce platforms for you to sell your work online
• 19 Feb – 2 Mar | Every Mon, Wed & Fri afternoon from 14:00 – 16:00
• Through interactive online classes, we will be guiding the artists in the programme to compile a practical Creative Market Growth Plan and a Social Media Strategy for their brand and their work.
• Participants will have a unique opportunity to interact with and learn from artists in Zambia, South Africa and Zimbabwe.
• Participants have to be working artists with a minimum of 3 years experience with producing work
• Each candidate needs to bring their own laptop/tablet to the training sessions and to be able to access the online training
• Must have a willingness to learn and be able to commit to the following schedule
• Zambia & Zimbabwe → 5 – 10 Feb 09:00 – 15:00
• South Africa → 12 – 17 Feb 09:00 – 15:00
• All participants → 19 Feb – 2 Mar 14:00 – 16:00 Every Mon, Wed & Fri Must have a willingness to learn and be able to commit to the following schedule
CLICK HERE TO APPLY - Applications close on Wed 24 Jan at 20:00 CAT.
For more information contact email@example.com