Mobile Money FAQs
- How do I make payment for an Exam? If you are paying for IELTS or School Exams, select the appropriate exam type, filling in the required details and proceeding to make payment by the use of the mobile money payment option.
- Can I input my sponsor’s mobile number or guardian when prompted to input a mobile number at payment? The mobile number in this field is that which is adequately funded for the amount as this is where debit would be passed.
- How long do I have to input my mobile money PIN and complete a transaction? This should be completed under 60secs.
- What do I do if I do not receive a prompt to input my PIN? Not to worry this is usually a network issue , endeavour to be in a network enabled area or else kindly reload the payment page and input phone number once again.
- I get the message “Insufficient funds” from my network provider after inputting my PIN what do I do? This transaction is a failed one and you can repay within the window displayed on your screen.
- How do I know if my payment is successful? You will get a debit from your Mobile money operator of a successful debit and a success response displayed on the payment page these confirms a successful payment
- What networks are available to pay in my country? The supported networks are displayed when you select a mobile network operator to make payment.
- What happens if my account is debited and yet I have received a failed notification? Please contact the British Council at email@example.com who will conduct a check and advise you accordingly.
In the event the payment has been successfully received by the British Council, your application will be processed and confirmed, and a notification sent to you within two working days.
If the failure is on the side of the British Council payment provider, please allow another two days for the reversal to be made to your mobile money account. You will then need to attempt another payment.
If the failure is on the side of the mobile money operator, please allow another 5-6 days for the reversal to be made to your mobile money account. Alternatively, you can contact your mobile money provider directly.