Register for an IELTS preparation course
If you want to get the result you deserve, you’ll need to prepare for the test in advance. You should study as much English as possible, but also make sure you know what to expect on the test day by registering for an IELTS preparation course.
The IELTS test preparation fee for the period 01 January to 31 December 2019 is ZMK 1,000.00; the course covers all four skills assessed in IELTS and a study pack. For more information and to register kindly download and complete the IELTS preparation course and study pack payment form at the bottom of this page.
The dates for upcoming available IELTS test preparation courses in Lusaka are listed below:
January : 12 – 13 January
February 2019: 9 – 10 February
March 2019: 9 – 10 March
April 2019: 30 March – 31 March
May 2019: 4 – 5 May
June 2019: 15 – 16 June
July 2019: 13 – 14 July
August 2019: 27 – 28 July
September 2019: 31 August – 1 September
October 2019: 5 – 6 October
November 2019: 2 – 3 November
December 2019: 1 – 2 December
Tips for success
We have also put together some tips to help you succeed!
- Make sure you are familiar with the test format so that you avoid any surprises on test day.
- Practise sample questions and check the assessment criteria used for IELTS.
- Record yourself speaking English or doing practice IELTS speaking tests. Then listen back to check when you hesitate, when you repeat words, when you make grammatical errors and when you might be speaking too quickly – these are the four key aspects of the speaking test.
- Underline the key words in the questions during the Listening, Reading and Writing tests: be sure you know exactly what needs to be included in your answer. Make a plan for your Writing answers before you start as well.
- Learn and identify synonyms (different words with the same meaning). In the Listening and Reading tests you will often notice a key word in the question, then see/hear a different word with the same meaning in the text – you need to make these connections. Using synonyms is also useful in the Speaking and Writing tests to show the variety of your vocabulary.
- Check your answers carefully in the Listening and Reading sections. Ensure you have followed the instructions, otherwise you may lose marks.
- Get a good night’s rest before the test, and make sure you arrive at the test venue in plenty of time. Arriving late will not help you perform to your best.
For more advice and information, you can read our IELTS test day advice and download the IELTS Information for Candidates brochure below.