The Zambia Education Sector Support Technical Assistance (ZESSTA) Facility
We support Zambia’s Ministry of General Education to strengthen the education sector and improve learning outcomes for children. We focus on capacity strengthening as sustainable support to improved service delivery in the education sector.
Our work is demand-driven and linked to ministerial annual planning processes, focused on education sector priorities and responsive to current and emerging needs.
We currently support the government to procure, manage and utilise technical assistance to strengthen the following areas:
- Leadership and management systems
- Evidence-based planning and budgeting, especially access to and availability of data
- Professional standards, qualifications and capacity of teachers
- Curriculum and assessment, particularly in the context of the revised curriculum
- Financial management and value for money
Additional areas will be identified throughout the duration of the facility.
The ZESSTA Facility is funded by (i) UK aid from the UK government and (ii) the Global Partnership for Education, and delivered by the British Council.
“The contribution that ZESSTA is making is truly excellent. Tangible results have already been seen in the first 11 months that you have provided technical assistance to the Education Sector.” Former Director of Planning and Information, Ministry of General Education