Driver - ZESSTA
We are seeking a highly motivated driver with a background in basic office management, good driving skills and sound knowledge of traffic rules to support the Finance and Resources Manager in ensuring the effective delivery of the programme
|Duration||Fixed term up to 31 January 2018|
|Closing date||Friday 24 March 2017|
• The Driver will be responsible for a full range of administrative tasks related to programme delivery.
• Ensure for all office errands and logistics are carried out within the agreed time frames.
• Ensure vehicles are serviced in line with service schedule and that periodic routine vehicle checks are made and that defects and damage are reported promptly. Vehicles are clean and refuelled regularly.
• Carry out driving and transportation duties in relation to travel bookings, activity and event management and maintain vehicle service log books, drivers’ licences log, journey and fuel records.
• Clearly communicate transport arrangements and any changes to transport users and the responsible operational manager.
Essential requirements for the job:
• Current clean drivers licence
• Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
• Strong communication skills and a good command of written and spoken English
• At least two years’ proven experience
• Certificate in basic mechanics or equivalent
• Legal right to live and work in Zambia
How to apply
Applicants who meet the essential requirements of the post should visit https://jobs.britishcouncil.org and download the role profile and application form and follow the instructions in the 'How do I apply' section carefully.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview in the following week. We regret that candidates who are not shortlisted will not be contacted.
The British Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer – applications are welcomed from all; our policy on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion can be seen here
The British Council is also committed to a Child Protection Policy: applications will be considered only for candidates who declare their agreement to the policy, which can be seen here